We have an immediate opening in our Silicon Valley and New York City offices for an Account Director to help drive account strategy and media relations activities for our growing B2B tech client base. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic, creative team of PR professionals with ample room for growth and advancement.
The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of PR agency experience in B2B tech providing overall account management to client programs, including overseeing media relations efforts, pitch development and news release strategy. This includes managing PR teams to ensure campaigns are delivered and service level agreements are met, and demonstrating a proven ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, industry spokespeople and senior journalists.
Responsibilities will include:
- Overall account management, including building and establishing client relationships
- Media relations, including pitch development and maintaining relationships with key journalists
- Leveraging established relationship with key business and tech journalists to drive media coverage
- Managing press opportunities for senior executives of client companies and collaborating on thought leadership campaigns and rapid response media opportunities
- Overseeing strategy and development of message documents, press releases and other communications materials
- Mentoring junior staff
- Support new business efforts by participating in new business proposals
- Managing weekly client meetings and reporting processes